4. Put cotter pin through clevis pin.
5. Roll cotter pin ends over clevis pin using long-nose pliers.
6. Cut off excess cotter pin ends using diagonal pliers. To keep dirt from contami nating fluid systems when removing
and installing hydraulic, fuel, coolant, and oil lines, do the following:
LINES AND PORTS
To keep dirt from contaminating fluid systems when removing and installing hydraulic, fuel, coolant, and oil lines, to do the
1. Clean fittings and surrounding area before disconnecting lines.
2. Cover, cap, plug, or tape lines and ports right after disconnecting lines. Whenever possible, use protective plastic
caps, plugs, clean rags (item 24, appendix C) or similar materials to keep dirt out of fluid systems.
3. Make sure new and used parts are clean before installing them.
4. Wait to uncover, uncap, unplug, or remove tape from lines until just before installing lines.