SHIPMENT, LIMITED STORAGE, AND DEMOLITION TO PREVENT ENEMY
Section I. SHIPMENT AND LIMITED STORAGE
5-1. Disassembly of Equipment
For repackaging, the major components of the test set must be disassembled as follows:
a. AN/GGM-15(V)1 (fig. 1-1).
(1) Disconnect the power cords from external power source.
(2) Remove all test cords or cables from the front panel jacks and connectors.
(3) Remove all interconnecting cables and store them with the test cords and cables.
(4) Remove the rack-mounting screws from the top unit and then remove the unit from the rack.
(5) Repeat the procedure given in (4) above for the other units, working from the top downward.
b. AN/GGM-15 (V)2 (fig. 1-2).
(1) Perform the procedures given in a(1) through (5) above.
(2) Lift the CY-6672/GGM-15 (V) from the V-434/GGM-15 (V), and place it on a packaging platform,
clean surface, or floor.
(3) Dismantle the removable shelves from the V-434/GGM-15 (V) and fold the frame.
5-2. Repackaging for Shipment or Limited Storage
Repackaging of the AN/GGM-15 (V) is illustrated in figures 2-1, 2-2, and 2-3 and is performed as follows.
a. Packaging Operating Units.
(1) Disconnect all cables from the front and rear panels.
(2) Remove the rack or cabinet mounting screws.
(3) Place the unit in box.
(4) Place cables and technical manual as shown in figure 2-1 The CX-12024/GGM-15 (V) and technical
manual are packed with the TS-2862/GGM-15 (V).
(5) Close the box and seal with waterproof tape.
(6) Repack the box into wooden crate in accordance with the original packing.
b. Packaging CY-6672/GGM-15 (V).
(1) Remove all units from the CY-6672/GGM-15 (V).
(2) Wrap the cushioning material around the CY-6672/GGM-15 (V).
(3) Place the wrapped CY-6672/GGM-15 (V) in the carton as shown in figure 2-2.
(4) Seal the box with waterproof tape.
c. Packaging V-434IGGM-15 (V).
(1) Remove the top support shelf.
(2) Remove the bottom shelf.
(3) Remove the caster wheels.
(4) Package each caster wheel in a protective material.
(5) Collapse the V-434/GGM-15 (V).
(6) Place the collapsed V-434/GGM-15 (V) in a carton as shown in figure 2-3.
(7) Package the top shelf and bottom shelf together, back to back, with the separator cushion in be-
(8) Place the packaged shelves inside the collapsed V-434/GGM-15 (V).
(9) Close the carton and seal it with waterproof tape.
Section II. DEMOLITION OF MATERIAL TO PREVENT ENEMY USE
5-3. Authority for Demolition
Demolition of the equipment will be accomplished only upon the order of the commander. The destruction
procedures outlined in paragraph 5-4 will be used to prevent enemy use of the equipment. Destruction will be
accomplished by the operator or unit repairman receiving such orders.
5-4. Methods of Destruction
Use any of the following methods to destroy the equipment:
a. Smash. Smash the controls, printed circuit boards, switches, lamps, and cathode ray tube.
b. Cut. Cut the connecting and test cords and cables.
c. Burn. Burn cords, cables, and technical manuals.
Change 1 5-1