Intercept Call (First Digit 1 Through 7) Capability.
a . Purpose. T h e p u r p o s e o f t h i s t e s t i s t o v e r i f y t h a t t h e
translator, in a local TSC, is programmed to intercept and route
a call to the recorder-announcer when a wrong first digit is
b . Test Equipment and Materials. The following equipment is
required for this test.
(1) Multifrequency (MF) Test Set, SC-433884-018.
(2) Hand Test Telephone, SC-203685-000.
(3) Lamp Display Unit, SC-433876-018.
C. T e s t C o n n e c t i o n s a n d C o n d i t i o n s . T h e f o l l o w i n g t e s t
connections and conditions apply to this procedure.
(1) If the equipment must be kept in continuous operation,
perform this test during periods of light traffic.
(2) The busy position for all BSY switches is with the slot
horizontal. The normal position is with the slot vertical,
(3) When connecting the MF TEST INPUT jack, on the MF test
s e t , to the MF OUT jack, o n t h e r e g i s t e r - s e n d e r , u s e p a t c h c o r d
assembly SC-200326-709, which is supplied with the test set.
(4) In the following test, it is assumed that translator A,
is being tested. To test translator B, substitute A for B in the
control settings column for equipment under test.