TRANSLATOR EQIUPMENT TESTS
The tests described in this section are designed to verify that
the translator equipment, identified in table 4-7, is functioning
properly. Table 4-7 provides a cross-reference to the assembly
number and schematic diagram figure number for each major item of
Translator Equipment Cross Reference Index
Translator transfer circuit
TSC to TSC Call Capability.
a . P u r p o s e . The purpose of this test is to verify that the
t r a n s l a t o r , in a local TSC, is programmed to process a call to a
b . Test Equipment and Materials.
The following equipment is
required for this test.
(1) Multifrequency (MF) Test Set, SC-433884-018.
(2) Hand Test Telephone, SC-203685-000.
(3) Lamp Display Unit, SC-433876-018.
c . Test Connections and Conditions. The following test
connections and c o n d i t i o n s a p p l y t o t h i s p r o c e d u r e .
(1) I f t h e e q u i p m e n t m u s t b e k e p t i n c o n t i n u o u s o p e r a t i o n ,
perform this test during periods of light traffic.
(2) T h e b u s y p o s i t i o n f o r a l l B S Y s w i t c h e s i s w i t h t h e s l o t
horizontal. T h e n o r m a l p o s i t i o n i s w i t h t h e s l o t v e r t i c a l .
(3) When connecting the MF TEST INPUT jack, on the MF test
set, to the ME OUT jack on the register-sender, use patch cord
assembly SC-200326-709, which is s u p p l i e d w i t h t h e t e s t s e t .
(4) In the following test, it is assumed that translator A
is being tested.