LINES I AND II
1. When an incoming signal to the switchboard is re-
ceived, the glowlamp in the adapter of the calling line
2. Insert the plug of the operator's adapter into the jack
of the calling line adapter.
3. Using the operator's telephone, answer the incoming
call and ask for the number being called.
4. Remove the operator plug from the calling line adapter
jack end, and insert into the called lined adapter jack.
5. Turn the hand ringing generator of the operator's
telephone set to signal the called line telephone set.