2-6. INSTALLATION AND INITIAL CHECKS. ( C O N T )
MATERIALS/PARTS: Field wire, 2 pieces (approx. 4 feet
1. Remove 1 1/4 inch of insulation approximately 3
inches from each end.
2. At the bare portion, double over and flatten the wire.
3. Loosen plugs on operator's connector adapter.
4. Insert the ends of each wire in the operator's connector
adapter line terminal.
5. Tighten the plugs to secure the field wire.
6. Using thumb pressure, open the binding posts on the
operator's telephone sets.
7. Insert the other end of the field wire into the binding
post and release thumb pressure.
CHECKING CONNECTOR ADAPTERS
If the glowlamp fails to light, discard the adapter.
1. Plug the operator adapter into the TEL jack.
2. Ring the hand generator several times. The glowlamp
should light when current is applied.
3. Plug other adapters into the operator adapter and re-
peat step 2. These adapters should light also.