2-4. UNPACKING. (CONT)
1. Using strap cutters, cut the metal straps around the
2. Using nail puller, remove the nails securing the top
of the wooden case, then remove the top.
3. Open the moisture proof barrier and outer corrugated
4. Open the inner moisture proof barrier and inner cor-
5. Remove the manual telephone switchboards, and
Do not lay, place, or throw field wire on or near
voltages exist at these structures, and severe shock
or even death may result from contact between
field wire and power lines. Follow the five emer-
gency steps for electric shock in the front of this
manual. Be careful when using the manual tele-
phone switchboard during storms, as lightning may
pose a shock hazard.
Position the switchboard and the operator's telephone set
on a surface that keeps the equipment dry and operative.